Inaugurated in 1908 in the heart of seaside Rimini and built according to the dictates of European hotel architecture of the Belle Epoque, the Grand Hotel has been a national monument since 1994 and one of the most fascinating hotels in the city. Frequented by the most illustrious guests who have stayed in Rimini, it is inextricably linked to Federico Fellini, one of the most famous directors in the world, who immortalized the Grand Hotel in the famous film Amarcord, winner of the Oscar in 1975.
The Grand Hotel will be your starting point to be able to discover the most significant places in Rimini, a city in constant evolution and ferment where every age has left its intangible traces.
Absolutely not to be missed is a walk in Roman Rimini: starting from the magnificent Tiberius Bridge, and crossing the picturesque village of San Giuliano and the brand new walkway over the water, you will reach Piazza Tre Martiri, where in 49 BC. Julius Caesar harangued his soldiers after the crossing of the Rubicon. The Arch of Augustus and the Surgeon's House will be the other must-see stops to reveal the importance of the city of Rimini in Roman times. Within the Roman city the medieval one is growing: to visit the scenographic Cavour square with its fountain described by Leonardo da Vinci. In the world there is no mention of the Renaissance without Rimini, the cradle of this European artistic movement which has two emblematic monuments in the Castel Sismondo and in the Malatesta Temple. The magnificent space of the Galli Theater remains from the 19th century, inaugurated by Giuseppe Verdi in 1857 and completely rebuilt and inaugurated by Cecilia Bartoli on 28 October 2018
Rimini also celebrates the 400th anniversary of the first civic and public library opened in Italy, the Gambalunga Library considered one of the most beautiful in the world.
Art lovers will certainly appreciate Giotto's painting that flourished in Rimini in the fourteenth century thanks to the presence of Giotto. PART, the eclectic collection of contemporary art works donated by artists, collectors and gallery owners to the San Patrignano Foundation, was also inaugurated at the end of September, and the medieval palaces of the Arengo and the Podestà.
History, culture, art and charm will accompany you during your exclusive stay at the Grand Hotel in Rimini.
Our offer includes:
- Half board stay
- Breakfast served in the large lounges overlooking the pool or terrace
- Dinner at the restaurant "La Dolce Vita" in the historic halls of the Grand Hotel with served menu. (drinks not included)
- Map with the description of the most significant places of the Grand Hotel in the name of Federico Fellini (a journey through the spaces of the historic Rimini hotel, to discover its secrets and the indissoluble bond with the great master). Those who wish will be given the opportunity to admire and read the wonderful "Book of Dreams" to discover the most secret and intimate rooms of Federico Fellini's creativity.
- Map of Rimini to discover the city
- Staff at your complete disposal to show you the most suggestive places in Rimini
- Wellness kit in the room (bathrobes and slippers)
- Hotel bicycles on request to discover Rimini and its beauties
- High speed wifi