Inaugurated in 1908 in the core of seaside Rimini and built according to the Belle Epoque dictates of European hotel architecture, the Grand Hotel has been a national monument since 1994 and is of the most fascinating hotels in the city. The list of illustrious guests is long, but the Grand Hotel has an especially strong link to Federico Fellini, one of the most famous directors in the world, who immortalized the Grand Hotel in the famous film Amarcord, winning an Oscar in 1975.
The Grand Hotel will be your starting point to discover the most important locations in Rimini, a city in constant evolution and where every time period has left its tangible traces. A walk through “Roman Rimini” is a certain must: starting from the magnificent Tiberius Bridge, and crossing the picturesque San Giuliano village and the brand new suspended walkway, you will reach Piazza Tre Martiri, where Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon river, in 49 BC., an event that precipitated the Roman Civil war. The Arch of Augustus and the Surgeon's House are other must-see stops, revealing the importance of the city of Rimini in Roman times.
Within the Roman city the medieval one is growing: the Cavour square with its fountain that the great Leonardo da Vinci was so fascinated by. Rimini was the cradle of the European artistic movement known as the Renaissance, and it has two emblematic monuments in the Castel Sismondo and in the Malatesta Temple. The magnificent Galli Theater was inaugurated by Giuseppe Verdi in 1857 and completely rebuilt and re-inaugurated by Cecilia Bartoli on 28 October 2018.
Further, Rimini celebrates the 400th anniversary of the first civic and public library opened in Italy, the Gambalunga Library, which is considered one of the most beautiful in the world. Art lovers will certainly appreciate the heavy influence of Giotto, whose paintings flourished in Rimini in the fourteenth century. Furthermore, PART, the eclectic collection of contemporary art works donated by artists, collectors and gallery owners to the San Patrignano Foundation and the medieval palaces of the Arengo and the Podestà, was inaugurated at the end of September 2020.
History, culture, art and glamour will accompany you during your exclusive stay at the Grand Hotel in Rimini.
The offer includes:
- Overnight stay in one of the art noveau rooms of the Grand Hotel with half board
- Breakfast buffet with sweet and savory options, fresh juices, omelets, pancakes made at the moment and fresh fruit served in the large rooms overlooking the swimming pool, or on the terrace of the Grand Hotel
- Dinner in the “La Dolce Vita” Restaurant in the grand halls of the Grand Hotel with a 4 course menu prepared by our Executive Chef Claudio di Bernardo (drinks not included)
- Map with the description of the most significant places of the Grand Hotel in the name of Federico Fellini (a journey through the spaces of the historic Rimini hotel, to discover its secrets and the indissoluble bond with the great master). Those who wish will be given the opportunity to admire and read the wonderful "Book of Dreams" to discover the most secret and intimate rooms of Federico Fellini's creativity.
- Map of Rimini to discover the city
- Staff at your complete disposal to show you the most suggestive places in Rimini
- Fresh fruit in the room on arrival
- Spa Kit in the room (bathrobe and slippers)
- Hotel Bicycles to discover Rimini and its beauty
- High speed Wifi in all of the rooms, on the beach and in the common areas